Silver-based finish/coating inhibits microbial growth
A new tool to improve facility hygiene and cleanliness is at hand with MicroShield™, an antimicrobial finish/coating available on door and hardware products from ASSA ABLOY Group brands.
Facility hygiene programs emphasize the cleanliness of high-touch building components such as doors, levers, exit devices, push plates and pull bars. Factory applied antimicrobial finishes and coatings inhibit the growth of microbes on the door and hardware surfaces, contributing to a cleaner facility.
MicroShield™ delivers protection against a broad spectrum of bacteria and microbes.
How it works
MicroShield is a silver-based material added to door coatings and hardware finishes that successfully inhibits growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, algae and other microbes, making it ideal for use in applications that require enhanced facility hygiene. This proven technology is non-organic and destroys the organisms in three ways:
- by attacking the cell wall
- interrupting metabolism
- preventing reproduction
The silver-based antimicrobial technology contributes to better facility hygiene by reducing microbial growth on door and hardware surface. The antimicrobial application, available on CECO, CURRIES and MAIMAN doors and CORBIN RUSSWIN, McKINNEY, ROCKWOOD, SARGENT and YALE hardware products, serves as an accessory to a facility’s hand hygiene protocols and environmental services cleaning initiatives.
- Tech Ride Along – Elaad Israeli with Precision Lock & Safe - October 21, 2014
- Design Elements and Your Front Door: Don’t Sacrifice Beauty for Function - October 20, 2014
- Key System: Standard Core vs. Interchangeable Core – What’s The Difference? - October 14, 2014
- Wood Doors – The Exterior Wood Door Alternatives - October 7, 2014
- Wireless Locks on Exterior Doors – The Recommendations - September 30, 2014
- Door Hinges – What Kind Do I Need? - September 29, 2014
- Door Materials – 5 Types & Their Pros & Cons - September 23, 2014
- LockNet’s 2014 Annual Fun Day - September 16, 2014
- Parts Warranty – Are You Capturing Your Savings? - September 15, 2014
- Delayed Egress– The Dos and Don’ts - September 9, 2014