Silver-based finish/coating inhibits microbial growth
A new tool to improve facility hygiene and cleanliness is at hand with MicroShield™, an antimicrobial finish/coating available on door and hardware products from ASSA ABLOY Group brands.
Facility hygiene programs emphasize the cleanliness of high-touch building components such as doors, levers, exit devices, push plates and pull bars. Factory applied antimicrobial finishes and coatings inhibit the growth of microbes on the door and hardware surfaces, contributing to a cleaner facility.
MicroShield™ delivers protection against a broad spectrum of bacteria and microbes.
How it works
MicroShield is a silver-based material added to door coatings and hardware finishes that successfully inhibits growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, algae and other microbes, making it ideal for use in applications that require enhanced facility hygiene. This proven technology is non-organic and destroys the organisms in three ways:
- by attacking the cell wall
- interrupting metabolism
- preventing reproduction
The silver-based antimicrobial technology contributes to better facility hygiene by reducing microbial growth on door and hardware surface. The antimicrobial application, available on CECO, CURRIES and MAIMAN doors and CORBIN RUSSWIN, McKINNEY, ROCKWOOD, SARGENT and YALE hardware products, serves as an accessory to a facility’s hand hygiene protocols and environmental services cleaning initiatives.
- Hurricane Hardware: What Makes it Windstorm-Rated? - May 26, 2015
- Exit Door Alarm: What Is Best For Me? - May 19, 2015
- The Hidden Cost of Improper Door Plans: What You Should Know - May 19, 2015
- Lock Terminology: Lock Sets - May 12, 2015
- Door Terminology-Door and Hardware Schedule Abbreviations - May 7, 2015
- Top 5 Code Violations and How to Correct Them - May 5, 2015
- LockNet Ironmen: Ready, Set, Go! - April 29, 2015
- LockNet: Past, Present and Future - April 23, 2015
- Locks and Links: The LockNet Roundup - April 16, 2015
- Hardware Specification : You May Not Get What You Want - April 14, 2015